- LSI and October Research will host the 2nd Annual Emerging Trends Summit, May 25-26 in Irving, Texas. Conference discussions and events will explore the future of mortgage innovation.
- The National Association of Real Estate Editors will meet May 24-27 in Houston. Real estate journalists will discuss virtual real technologies, hi-rise condo communities, green building, urban lofts and other real estate trends.
- The International Real Estate Federation of Real Estate (FIABCI) will convene its 2004 World Congress in Houston, directly following the close of the NAREE conference on May 27.
- The American Planning Association and the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy will host an audio conference, “Suburban Place Making,” on May 26. Speakers will discuss possibilities for turning suburbs into places that will attract and retain residents and businesses.
- Who Owns America? IV: Land Acquisition and Retention is slated to take place May 23-25, in Madison, Wis. The event is sponsored by The University of Wisconsin-Madison, Community Resource Group and The Ford Foundation, and will focus on minority and ethnic populations often excluded from public-policy decision making on land acquisition, retention, titling, inheritance and management issues.
Send tips or a letter to the editor to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 658-9252, ext. 133.