New products and services in 300 building industry categories, from appliances to building materials to home electronics, will be on display at the 2005 International Builders’ Show Jan. 13-16 in Orlando, Fla.
Following is a brief description of just some of the innovations that can be seen at Orlando’s Orange County Convention Center:
- Bosch Home Appliances will introduce its 18-inch dishwasher designed for consumers with limited kitchen space and its DHD downdraft ventilation system.
- EEmax/Climistar will exhibit its “Thermostone” product line for space heating and towel warming.
- MTI Whirlpools will display its freestanding Melinda air bath that offers thermo-air massage.
Wall and Floor Products
- Contact Lumber will exhibit its natural wood-wrapped molding that allows builders to add real wood molding and trim to a room without the hassles of working with solid hardwoods.
- Hacker Industries Inc. will unveil TRUE-SCREED, a cement based floor underlayment and DYNA-SCREED SLU, a self-leveling floor underlayment.
- Lanco and Harris Paints will showcase its Super Seal Coat, an elastomeric product that helps builders protect homes and buildings from water infiltration.
- Warmboard Radiant Subfloor will showcase its combined radiant heating panel and structural sub floor.
- APEX Construction Systems Inc. will introduce its APEX panel system. Made from 85 percent recycled polystyrene, cement and various polymers, APEX panels replace traditional wood framing, insulation and sheetrock to build wall structures.
- Blocksam and Company will showcase its roof saver rolled ridge vent, which provides excellent ventilation at the ridge of the roof offering relief from excess heat and condensation.
- Cedar Valley, a leader in handcrafted shingle panels, will unveil its new vent panel, which minimizes moisture accumulation.
- Guardian Building Products will showcase ATS Air Tite Insulation System, an integrated insulation system combining fiberglass and closed cell polyurethane foam.
- Icynene Inc. will showcase its Icynene Insulation System, a soft foam insulation and air barrier system that minimizes air leakage.
- Johns Mansville will showcase Spider, its latest formaldehyde-free insulation and MR Faced Baths, which are treated with a facing to protect it from mold and mildew growth.
Doors, Cabinetry, Countertops and Windows
- Lawson Industries will introduce its newly redesigned aluminum window and door line with new features such as a flat sill to increase water performance, less fasteners required for installation and a removable sash for easy cleaning.
- PGT will debut enhancements to Winguard Impact-Resistant Windows and Doors.
- Raynor Garage Doors will feature its newly launched Steel Falls Collection of steel carriage house doors.
- Simpson Door Company will showcase its new collection of interior doors made from a magnetic material that looks and acts just like a chalkboard.
Home Automation, Computing and Electronics
- AVAD LLC will showcase its “Dealer to Builder” (D2B) program, which unites builders and electronic systems contractors in order to offer entertainment, communications and convenience technologies to homeowners.
- Chameleon Power will showcase BuilderVision, a Web-enabled visioning tool for home builders that allows clients to see options, review costs and make quicker, more independent decisions.
- Construction Management Software, will showcase, ProEst Estimating Version 10, a cost estimating software program that enables construction personnel to create, edit, and manage estimates.
- Houseplans Inc., a supplier of stock house plans, will have information available about its online collection for consumers and residential contractors.
What’s your opinion? Send your Letter to the Editor to firstname.lastname@example.org.