Preferred Real Estate Investments Inc. has acquired The Cheshire Distribution Center in Cheshire, Conn.

The value of the transaction was not disclosed.

Oaktree Capital Management sold the 527,000-square-foot property, which located on West Johnson Avenue spanning 83 acres.

At the time of sale, ESPN, Roadway and fashion retailer H&M occupied 75 percent of the building. Since the acquisition, Preferred has signed a lease with Federated Department Stores for the remaining 25 percent of the space. The lease period began on Jan. 1, 2006.

“This is an important acquisition of a major distribution center in the Northeast,” said Michael O’Neill, CEO of Preferred Real Estate Investments. “We fully expect that the existing tenants will continue their occupancy through the balance of their leases. Additionally, bringing Federated in as a tenant has helped substantially increase the market value of the property.”

Specific features of the facility include: 388,346 square feet of high-bay distribution warehouse space; 74,544 square feet of cross-dock space; and 64,100 square feet of office space.

Philadelphia-based Preferred Real Estate Investments Inc. is one of the largest privately held commercial and industrial real estate developers in the United States, controlling more than 12 million square feet of commercial real estate valued at more than $1 billion.

***

What’s your opinion? Send your Letter to the Editor to opinion@inman.com.

Show Comments Hide Comments

Comments

Sign up for Inman’s Morning Headlines
What you need to know to start your day with all the latest industry developments
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive marketing emails from Inman.
Success!
Thank you for subscribing to Morning Headlines.
Back to top
Hear from Realogy, Pacaso, SERHANT., Spotify, Redfin, Douglas Elliman, and 100+ more leaders at ICNY.Register now×
Limited time: Get 30 days of Inman Select for $5.SUBSCRIBE×
Log in
If you created your account with Google or Facebook
Don't have an account?
Forgot your password?
No Problem

Simply enter the email address you used to create your account and click "Reset Password". You will receive additional instructions via email.

Forgot your username? If so please contact customer support at (510) 658-9252

Password Reset Confirmation

Password Reset Instructions have been sent to

Subscribe to The Weekender
Get the week's leading headlines delivered straight to your inbox.
Top headlines from around the real estate industry. Breaking news as it happens.
15 stories covering tech, special reports, video and opinion.
Unique features from hacker profiles to portal watch and video interviews.
Unique features from hacker profiles to portal watch and video interviews.
It looks like you’re already a Select Member!
To subscribe to exclusive newsletters, visit your email preferences in the account settings.
Up-to-the-minute news and interviews in your inbox, ticket discounts for Inman events and more
1-Step CheckoutPay with a credit card
By continuing, you agree to Inman’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

You will be charged . Your subscription will automatically renew for on . For more details on our payment terms and how to cancel, click here.

Interested in a group subscription?
Finish setting up your subscription