Easier ways to kill water hammer?

Readers react to plumbing repair advice

EMBRACE. FOCUS. EXECUTE. Build your 2019 roadmap to success with 4,000+ real estate leaders.
Inman Connect New York | January 29 - February 1, 2019

A previous column on "water hammers" struck a chord with two of our readers.

One accused us of being "on the take" for suggesting that our homeowner might have to open a wall or call a plumber. Another offered another avenue to explore if there is noise in the pipes. Both suggestions bear repeating.

Our first reader wrote:

"How much did the plumbers pay you to give that answer to the question about hammering pipes?