Mortgage rates plus all the latest real estate market news.
- 47 percent (142 of 300 markets) achieved full pricing recovery, which is three more than what was reported in May.
- In June, 99 out of 100 markets increased their three-month averages, but for the first time in six months one market saw a decline for the metric.
- The West dominated in annual gains with all 10 markets showing improvements; the South dominated in recovery; and the Midwest came in second for recovery.
We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
Last week’s market news:
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgages averaged 3.84 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending Aug. 27, down from 3.93 percent the week before.
- 15-year fixed-rate mortgages averaged 3.06 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending Aug. 27, down from 3.15 percent one week earlier.
- Five-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgages averaged 2.9 percent with an average 0.4 point for the week ending Aug. 27, 2015, down from 2.94 percent the previous week.
- The index value for pending home sales was 110.948, which represents a 0.5 percent increase month over month.
- Last month’s index was up from the 110.369 index value in June.
- The pending home sale index peaked at 112.3 in May 2015.
Send market reports to email@example.com.