- Agents and brokerages can embed a new widget on their websites to entice prospects to register their contact information in exchange for monthly property reports.
- The property report provider powering the widget also lets agents create property reports themselves and easily share graphics linking to these reports on social media.
- There are a growing number of tools that let agents and brokerages tap demand for property reports to generate leads.
Real estate agents and brokerages can seamlessly plug a new widget into their websites that could help them drum up more leads online.
Real estate website provider BlueRoof360 has unveiled a widget that brokerages and agents can embed on their websites to entice visitors to register their contact information in return for monthly property reports.
“AreaPulse” marks the latest tool to leverage demand for property reports into leads, joining a property-report widget powered by the remodeling network Porch and co-branded reports distributed by AddressReport on behalf of brokerages.
Consumers can enter their contact information to receive a report by city, ZIP code or address radius. Agents can also set up contacts to receive monthly reports, or share graphics on social media linking to the reports.
Jared Hull, CEO of Blueroof360, advises agents to distribute reports that focus on an area within a 1-mile radius of a property’s address. Emails featuring these reports boast a 56 percent open rate, compared to 21 percent for a ZIP code or city-based report, he said.
AreaPulse’s property reports feature data including:
- New listings
- Average price and monthly price changes for both newly listed homes and all for-sale inventory
- Average days on market
- Total homes on market
- Average prices for pending and sold homes
Another widget agents are using to dangle reports as lead bait is powered by the home remodeling network Porch. The widget augments listings with some renovation project data while linking to more detailed reports that can require registration and feature a brokerage’s or agent’s branding.
Porch is powering property reports for companies including realtor.com, Windermere Real Estate, Estately, HomeFinder.com, iHomeFinder.com, Tribus Group, PlanetRE, Properties Online, TorchX, Virtual Results and New Media MLS.
AddressReport, another property report provider, launched a joint marketing campaign with Engel & Völkers earlier this year to spur people to sign up for a version of AddressReport’s service that encourages recipients to contact Engel & Völkers.
“We have been approached by real estate brokerages (and mortgage and other verticals) from around the country who want to harness AddressReport reports to generate leads or to offer co-branded reports for their clients,” said AddressReport co-founder Sandeep Kella. “But we’re not ready to announce anything on those fronts just yet.”