Zillow research released this morning included some good news for minority applicants: Although Hispanic and black homeowners are still lagging behind white and Asian homeowners in the housing recovery, the denial rates for mortgages has decreased nationally.
- The denial rate for 2014 conventional mortgage applications was 11.3 percent, down 1.3 percent from 12.6 percent in 2013.
- For black applicants, the denial rate fell from 32.1 percent in 2013 to 26.9 percent in 2014 -- a 5.2-percent increase.
- For white applicants, the denial rate fell from 10.1 percent in 2013 to 8.9 percent in 2014 -- a 1.2-percent drop.
- For Hispanic applicants, the denial rate fell from 24.9 percent in 2013 to 20.0 percent in 2014 -- a 4.9-percent drop.
- For Asian applicants, the denial rate fell from 13.1 percent in 2013 to 12.2 percent in 2014 -- a 0.9-percent drop.
Get Smarter. Grow Your Referral Network.
Limited seating available for Inman Connect San Francisco