- These simple tasks can be done in 15 minutes a day, and it gives your connections 15 reminders of who you are, and, more importantly, what you do.
- Utilize the 5:5:5 rule on a daily basis to begin building these relationships.
- Be authentic; be yourself, and make those connections.
Social media tends to be one of those marketing items that gets away from real estate agents on a consistent basis. We understand that it’s important to have many touches each year with our sphere of influence. But sometimes drop the ball on this when we get busy.
Unfortunately, consistency is the name of the game in making an impact on your social sphere so it is important to find a way to connect as much as possible — and find easy ways to do so.
Facebook can be one of the best ways to keep in touch with family and friends — as well as professional connections, past clients and potential new ones. There are a variety of ways to touch a member of your sphere group and an easy way to spend only a few minutes each day that will drive a lot of impact.
Introducing the 5:5:5 rule
Simply put, this means committing to doing the following activities every day, without fail:
- Like 5 posts
- Leave a comment on 5 posts (apart from your own)
- Visit 5 timelines and leave a message or post something relevant to them
These simple tasks can be done in 15 minutes a day, and it gives your connections 15 reminders of who you are, and, more importantly, what you do. As you can see, you don’t need to be “salesy” to connect with people in real estate.
In fact, building this personal connection can take you further with your sphere as these are people that already know a bit about you — not cold leads.
Try it out. By consistently doing this activity on a daily basis, you begin building these relationships that can one day turn into dollars in your pocket. Be authentic; be yourself, and make those connections.