We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The median existing single-family home price increased in 81 percent of measured markets.
- 34 areas (19 percent) recorded lower median prices than a year ago.
- An average of 89 percent of measured metro areas saw increasing home prices in 2015.
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- Appraised values were, on average, 1.75 percent lower than homeowner expectations.
- The gap between appraisal and homeowner estimates narrowed for the fifth month in a row.
- Home values fell 0.42 percent month-over-month in January, but were up 3.37 percent year-over-year.
The 3 most common questions luxury buyers ask
Respond to high-net-worth buyers with local expertise READ MORE
- Completed foreclosures were down 22.6 percent year-over-year in December 2015.
- Foreclosure inventory was down 23.8 percent year-over-year.
- 1.1 percent of all homes with a mortgage were part of the foreclosure inventory.
Email market reports to email@example.com.