Check Inman every day for the daily version of this market roundup.
Home equity rates:
Friday, April 22:
- The national delinquency rate fell 8 percent in March to 4.08 percent.
- The rate of 30-day delinquencies is at lowest level in over 15 years.
- Foreclosure starts were down 14 percent from February.
- First-time homebuyers accounted for 37.8 percent of home purchases during March, based on a three-month moving average, up from 36.7 percent in February.
- The current homeowner share of purchases fell to 46.0 percent in March from 46.5 percent the previous month.
- The average time on market for non-distressed properties in March was 9.8 weeks, and the average home price on non-distressed properties was $292,200.
Thursday, April 21:
Sell the lifestyle by being part of your community
Top producer Teddy Errico on how loving where you live can lead to sales READ MORE
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage rate averaged 3.59 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending April 21, 2016.
- This was up from 3.58 percent from last week.
- It was down from last year’s rate, 3.65 percent.A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.65 percent.
- U.S. house prices were up 0.4 percent month-over-month (seasonally adjusted).
- House prices were up 5.6 percent year-over-year.
- The index levels since October 2015 have exceeded the prior peak level from March 2007.
Wednesday, April 20:
- Total existing-home sales were up 5.1 percent (seasonally adjusted) month-over-month.
- Sales are up 1.5 percent year-over-year.
- The median existing-home price for March was $222,700, up 5.7 percent year-over-year.
- The March ABI score was 51.9, up from 50.3 in February.
- The new projects inquiry index was 58.1, down from 59.5 in February.
- Regional averages for the following regions were: South (52.4), Northeast (51.0), West (50.4), Midwest (49.8)
- Mortgage applications increased 1.3 percent week-over-week (adjusted).
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 55.4 percent of total applications from 54.9 percent.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances ($417,000 or less) increased to 3.83 percent from 3.82 percent.
Tuesday, April 19:
- Privately-owned housing units authorized by building permits in March were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,086,000, down 7.7 percent month-over-month but up 4.6 percent year-over-year.
- Privately-owned housing starts in March were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,089,000, down 8.8 percent month-over-month but up 14.2 percent year-over-year.
- Privately-owned housing completions in March were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,061,000, up 3.5 percent month-over-month and up 31.6 percent year-over-year.
- The cash sales share of all home sales from December 2015 through February 2016 was 34 percent.
- Completed foreclosures were down 10 percent year-over-year.
- Home prices were up 6.8 percent year-over-year.
Monday, April 18:
- Housing sales increased 5.1 percent year-over-year.
- Housing prices rose an average of 1.0 percent from March 2015.
- Housing unit sales for March 2016 increased 5.1 percent.
Email market news to email@example.com.