We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Mortgage applications decreased 4.1 percent week-over-week for the week ending April 22, 2016.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 54.4 percent of total applications from 55.4 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances ($417,000 or less) increased to 3.85 percent from 3.83 percent, with points increasing to 0.35 from 0.32 (including the origination fee) for 80 percent loan-to-value ratio (LTV) loans.
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- The index rose 5.3 percent year-over-year in February 2016.
- Before seasonal adjustment, the index rose 0.2 percent month-over-month in February.
- The 10-City Composite increased 4.6 percent year-over-year in February.
- The Money Anxiety Index increased by 1.3 index points to 64.0 in March 2016.
- This indicates a higher level of financial stress and anxiety.
- The increase was attributed to new home sales falling 1.5 percent in March, the third consecutive monthly drop.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.