We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Home prices increased 6.7 percent year-over-year in March 2016.
- Month over month, prices increased 2.1 percent
- CoreLogic forecasts that prices will increase 5.3 percent year-over-year in March 2017.
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- Construction spending during March 2016 was estimated at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1,137.5 billion.
- This is 0.3 percent above the revised February estimate of $1,133.6 billion.
- The March figure is 8.0 percent above the March 2015 estimate of $1,052.9 billion.
- Mortgage delinquencies fell by 8 percent in March, with the national rate hitting 4.08 percent.
- Prepayment speeds jumped 46 percent from February, hitting their highest point since June 2015.
- Total non-current inventory (loans 30 or more days past due or in foreclosure) has fallen over half a million loans from last year and is now below 2.7 million.
- Existing home sales will fall between seasonally adjusted rates of 5.3 and 5.7 million.
- This would be a 3.6 increase from March.
- It would also indicate a 7.4 percent year-over-year gain.
Email market reports to email@example.com.