- At least four product-discovery tools can help agents find tools that will help them grow their businesses.
- No real estate product directories seem to have a large number of reliable ratings and reviews.
The vast number of products for real estate agents and brokers can be overwhelming, sometimes leaving those on the hunt for new tools at a loss of how to begin their search.
But a growing number of real estate product directories are simplifying the discovery process. Here’s a rundown on four leaders in this space.
Comprehensive directory for agents, brokers and MLSs that can indicate if a product is offered for free or at a discount to users by MLS.
- Extremely comprehensive directory for agents, brokers and multiple listing services (MLSs) of more than 2,500 products or features.
- Relatively high number of “audited” ratings and reviews left only by subscribers or RE Technology staff.
- If RE Technology integrates with a user’s MLS, the user is informed if her MLS offers a listed product for free or at a discount (“You would not believe the number of agents who are unaware of the services that they already get,” says RE Technology CEO Victor Lund)
- Includes product provider directory (not just product directory).
- Subscribers can search based on key words.
- Vast number of products may be overwhelming
- Outdated design (But Lund says RE Technology will soon launch a redesign)
“It’s tired-looking,” Lund said, speaking of RE Technology’s product directory. “But our content is great and we also show information about a company, its products, articles, news, case studies and webinars all in one space.”
Vendors can pay to have their products appear prominently and highlighted in search results.
Xoobli (recently beta launched)
Directory launched by popular real estate Facebook group with special deals, events and favoriting capability.
- 23 of 70 products offered at discounts or as special deals
- Events directory with map-based display and search
- Favoriting for registered users
- Ability to send messages to product providers through site
- Product profiles can include description, multiple videos and affiliated events
- Potentially unreliable ratings and reviews because vendors must approve all ratings and reviews. (Having only recently launched, site has hardly any ratings and reviews.)
- In beta mode
Xoobli’s event directory and search set it apart from other directories.
Vendors can edit their profiles and pricing. Users will eventually be able to purchase products on the site.
Launched by the administrators of Lab Coat Agents, a popular real estate Facebook group where agents recommend tools and business techniques to each other.
Newly launched directory with clean design and keyword search.
- Users can search based on key phrases
- User-friendly interface and clean design
- Agents can sign up to receive alerts about new products
- Recently launched, the site has hardly any ratings and reviews (though they are vetted)
- Product profiles feature promotional videos, but no descriptions
Plans to eventually let users search products based on ratings. Makes it easy for vendors to submit their products to its directory.
The Modern Day Agent (powered by WFG National Title Insurance Company)
Title insurance company-powered directory hosting curated set of products.
- Clean design with products organized into a small number of categories
- Curated set of more than 70 products — directory is “short by design” so as to feature only the “best-in-class” tools
- WFG National Title agent clients can get product recommendation reports based on their “pain points”
- Agents must register for access to directory. Those who register in states where National Title operates may get contacted by a National Title sales representative (if they aren’t already a client).
- Limited number of ratings and reviews.