We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Total existing-home sales were up 1.7 percent month-over-month and 6.0 percent year-over-year.
- The median existing-home price for all housing types in April was $232,500, up 6.3 percent from April 2015 ($218,700).
- Total housing inventory at the end of April increased 9.2 percent to 2.14 million existing homes available for sale, down 3.6 percent year-over-year (2.22 million).
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- The market for existing-home sales is underperforming its potential by 4.1 percent or an estimated 232,000 seasonally adjusted, annualized rate (SAAR) of sales.
- In April, the market potential for existing-home sales grew by 2.2 percent compared to March, an increase of 122,000 (SAAR) sales, and grew by 1.5 percent year-over-year.
- This month, the seasonally adjusted, annualized rate of potential existing-home sales is 5.63 million.
- Mortgage applications were down 1.6 percent week-over-week.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 54.7 percent of total applications from 52.8 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages was 3.82 percent, unchanged from last week.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.