We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- First-time homebuyers accounted for 38.9 percent of home purchases in April 2016, up from 38.1 percent in March 2016 and 37.2 percent in April 2015.
- Current homeowners accounted for 45.7 percent of home purchases in April, and investors had a 15.4 percent share.
- Move-in ready real estate owned properties received an average of 2.4 offers in April, and non-distressed properties received an average of 2.2 offers during the month.
Home equity rates:
Last week’s most recent market news:
- Total existing-home sales were up 1.7 percent month-over-month and 6.0 percent year-over-year.
- The median existing-home price for all housing types in April was $232,500, up 6.3 percent from April 2015 ($218,700).
- Total housing inventory at the end of April increased 9.2 percent to 2.14 million existing homes available for sale, down 3.6 percent year-over-year (2.22 million).
Email market reports to email@example.com.
The five superpowers of uber-successful real estate agents
Tom Ferry shares 5 skills to dominate your marketplace READ MORE