We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The 30-year fixed rate mortgage averaged 3.43 percent with an average 0.6 point.
- This is unchanged from last week’s rates.
- A year ago, the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 3.84 percent.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- House prices rose 1.2 percent quarter-over-quarter in the second quarter of 2016.
- Year-over-year, prices rose 5.6 percent.
- FHFA’s seasonally adjusted monthly index for June was up 0.2 percent from May.
One platform. One device. Limitless growth.
How Homesnap Pro puts all the tools you need in one app right on your smartphone. READ MORE
- Mortgage applications decreased 2.1 percent week-over-week for the week ending August 19, 2016.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages increased to 3.67 percent from 3.64 percent.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 62.4 percent of total applications from 62.6 percent the previous week.
- Total existing-home sales fell 3.2 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.39 million in July from 5.57 million in June.
- The median existing-home price for all housing types was $244,100. This is up 5.3 percent from July 2015.
- Total housing inventory at the end of July was 2.13 million existing available homes for sale, 5.8 percent lower than last year.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.