We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The 30-year fixed rate mortgage averaged 3.43 percent with an average 0.6 point.
- This is unchanged from last week’s rates.
- A year ago, the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 3.84 percent.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- House prices rose 1.2 percent quarter-over-quarter in the second quarter of 2016.
- Year-over-year, prices rose 5.6 percent.
- FHFA’s seasonally adjusted monthly index for June was up 0.2 percent from May.
5 actions to generate more client referrals
Tom Ferry’s tips to “wow” your database and create raving fans -- plus a top performing script READ MORE
- Mortgage applications decreased 2.1 percent week-over-week for the week ending August 19, 2016.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages increased to 3.67 percent from 3.64 percent.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 62.4 percent of total applications from 62.6 percent the previous week.
- Total existing-home sales fell 3.2 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.39 million in July from 5.57 million in June.
- The median existing-home price for all housing types was $244,100. This is up 5.3 percent from July 2015.
- Total housing inventory at the end of July was 2.13 million existing available homes for sale, 5.8 percent lower than last year.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.