We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- There was a 5.1 percent annual gain in July.
- This is higher than the June 2016 gain of 5.0 percent.
- The 20-City Composite reported year-over-year gains of 5.0 percent, down from June’s 5.1 percent.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
How agents can become influencers
Five tried-and-true tips for taking your social media habits from promotional to personal READ MORE
- Sales of new single-family houses were at a seasonally adjusted rate of 609,000.
- This is 7.6 percent below the revised July rate of 659,000 but 20.6 percent above the August 2015 estimate: 505,000.
- The median sales price of new houses sold in August 2016 was $284,000; the average sales price was $353,600.
- The RHPI decreased 2.1 percent month-over-month in July 2016.
- This is also a 4.8 percent decrease from July 2015.
- The four states with the highest year-over-year increases in the RHPI are: Wyoming (+2.5 percent), Michigan (+1.4 percent), Oregon (+0.3 percent) and Nevada (+0.1 percent).
- The HPI in July 2016 was $266,000.
- This represents a 0.4 percent increase from last month.
- One year ago, the HPI was 5.3 percent.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.