We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Nonfarm payroll employment increased by 156,000 jobs in September 2016.
- The unemployment rate was 5.0 percent in September 2016, up slightly from 4.9 percent in August.
- The professional and business services sector and health care sector saw employment gains in September.
- The HPSI fell to 82.8 in September 2016.
- This is a 2.2 percentage point decrease from August 2016.
- In September 2015, the HPSI was 83.8.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- The 3o-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.42 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending October 6, 2016.
- This rate is unchanged from last week’s.
- A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.76 percent.
Email market reports to email@example.com.