Check Inman every day for the daily version of this market roundup.
Home equity rates:
Friday, October 7:
- Nonfarm payroll employment increased by 156,000 jobs in September 2016.
- The unemployment rate was 5.0 percent in September 2016, up slightly from 4.9 percent in August.
- The professional and business services sector and health care sector saw employment gains in September.
- The HPSI fell to 82.8 in September 2016.
- This is a 2.2 percentage point decrease from August 2016.
- In September 2015, the HPSI was 83.8.
Luxury Agent Spotlight: Adrian Burke
Learn how this global real estate advisor serves his international clientele READ MORE
Thursday, October 6:
- The 3o-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.42 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending October 6, 2016.
- This rate is unchanged from last week’s.
- A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.76 percent.
Wednesday, October 5:
- The CoreLogic HPI is up 1.1 percent.
- Year-over-year, the HPI is up 6.2 percent.
- CoreLogic forecasts that the HPI will be up 0.4 percent month-over-month in September 2016 and 5.3 percent year-over-year in August 2017.
Tuesday, October 4:
- There was a 5.1 percent annual gain in July.
- This is higher than the June 2016 gain of 5.0 percent.
- The 20-City Composite reported year-over-year gains of 5.0 percent, down from June’s 5.1 percent.
Monday, October 3:
- Construction spending during August 2016 was estimated at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1,142.2 billion.
- This is 0.7 percent below the revised July estimate of $1,150.6 billion.
- This is also 0.3 percent below the August 2015 estimate of $1,145.2 billion.
- The national delinquency rate fell by just over 6 percent month-over-month in August 2016.
- Delinquencies were at 4.24 percent in August 2016.
- The inventory of loans in active foreclosure continued its 19-month consecutive downward trend.
- The HPI in July 2016 was $266,000.
- This represents a 0.4 percent increase from last month.
- One year ago, the HPI was 5.3 percent.
Email market news to firstname.lastname@example.org.