We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Mortgage applications decreased 6.0 percent from one week earlier for the week ending October 7, 2016.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 62.4 percent of total applications from 63.8 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances increased to 3.68 percent from 3.62 percent the previous week.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Appraisals lagged behind homeowner estimates by 1.26 percent in September.
- This is a smaller gap than recorded in August 2016 — a 1.56 percent gap between perceptions.
- This is the third consecutive month wherein appraiser and homeowner estimates became more closely aligned.
Success secrets of a winning team
The mandates that enable my team to provide exemplary service READ MORE
- Foreclosure inventory was down 3.2 percentage points in August 2016 from July 2016.
- Foreclosure inventory fell by 30 percentage points year-over-year.
- This was the 58th consecutive month of year-over-year foreclosure declines.
Email market reports to email@example.com.