We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Owner estimates of home values were 1.15 percent higher than appraisers’ opinions in October.
- This represents a narrowing of the gap between homeowner estimates and appraiser valuations.
- In September, appraised values were 1.26 percent lower than homeowner expectation.
- Foreclosure inventory was down 3.1 percentage points in September 2016 from August 2016.
- There were 36,000 completed foreclosures in September.
- This represents a 7.0 percentage point year-over-year decline.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- The seasonal uptick in delinquencies was less than 1 percent.
- The foreclosure rate is about 70 percent above “normal” levels.
- Despite the monthly decline, September saw the third-highest prepayment rate in three years.
- The HPSI decreased by 1.1 percentage points to 81.7.
- It is down 1.5 points since this time last year.
- The net share of Americans who say it’s a good time to buy was 31 percent; the share of Americans who say it’s a good time to sell was 19 percent.
Email market reports to email@example.com.