We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The home price index was up 1.1 percent month-over-month in October 2016.
- The index was also up 6.7 percent year-over-year.
- National home prices (including distressed sales) are expected to rise 4.6 percent year-over-year in October 2017.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- There was a rise in 30+-day delinquencies in October 2016, which pushed the national delinquency rate to 4.35 percent.
- The overall foreclosure rate fell to below 1 percent for the first time since July 2007.
- October saw the lowest number of foreclosure starts since January 2005.
The Nanny Cam and other privacy issues in real estate
A can’t-miss course takes on pressing new legal concerns for every agent READ MORE
- Mortgage credit availability increased in November to 174.1.
- This is a 1.6 percent increase over October 2016.
- Of the four component indices, the Conforming MCAI saw the greatest increase in availability over the month (up 2.2 percent), followed by the Government MCAI (up 1.8 percent), the Conventional MCAI (up 1.5 percent), and the Jumbo MCAI (up 0.8 percent).
Email market reports to email@example.com.