We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Mortgage applications decreased 0.7 percent week-over-week for the week ending Dec. 2, 2016.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 56.2 percent of total applications from 55.1 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances increased to its highest level since October 2014, 4.27 percent, from 4.23 percent last week.
- The HPSI decreased in November 2016 for the fourth consecutive month to 81.2.
- This is down 0.5 points from October 2016.
- The share of consumers expecting mortgage rates to go down over the next year and those who believe now is a good time to sell a home both fell 6 percentage points.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- The home price index was up 1.1 percent month-over-month in October 2016.
- The index was also up 6.7 percent year-over-year.
- National home prices (including distressed sales) are expected to rise 4.6 percent year-over-year in October 2017.
Email market reports to email@example.com.