We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Privately-owned housing units authorized by building permits in November were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,201,000, 4.7 percent below the revised October rate of 1,260,000 and 6.6 percent below the November 2015 estimate of 1,286,000.
- Privately-owned housing starts in November were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,090,000, 18.7 percent below the revised October estimate of 1,340,000 and 6.9 percent below the November 2015 rate of 1,171,000.
- Privately-owned housing completions in November were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,216,000, 15.4 percent above the revised October estimate of 1,054,000 and 25.0 percent above the November 2015 rate of 973,000.
- The home price index (HPI) in October 2016 was up 6.7 percent year-over-year.
- The Q3 negative equity share was 6.3 percent.
- The cash sales share as of August 2016 was 31.1 percent.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
Empowering agents with technology – Why the CBx Technology Suite works
At Coldwell Banker, technology is shaped by agents, supporting them at every step of their journey READ MORE
- There were a total of 86,561 U.S. properties with foreclosure filings in November, down 18 percent from the previous month and down 17 percent from a year ago.
- A total of 35,222 U.S. properties started the foreclosure process in November, down 19 percent from the previous month and down 15 percent from a year ago.
- A total of 31,806 properties were repossessed by the lender (REO) in November, down 7 percent from the previous month and down 21 percent from a year ago.
- The negative equity rate fell to 10.9 percent in Q3 from 12.1 percent in Q2.
- It’s also down from 13.4 percent in Q3 2015.
- 26.1 percent of homeowners with a mortgage are in “effective” negative equity, with less than 20 percent equity in their homes.
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.13 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending December 8, 2016.
- This is up from last week when it averaged 4.08 percent.
- A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.95 percent.
Email market reports to email@example.com.