Real estate professionals around the world turn to Inman News first for accurate, innovative and timely information about the industry. Known for its award-winning journalism, cutting-edge technology coverage and forward-thinking events, Inman is the industry’s leading source of real estate information.
The Associate Editor is responsible for helping the Managing Editor lead Inman’s team of full-time staff writers and part-time contract writers. The ideal candidate will have an eye for the small details that make good stories great and for the big picture, helping craft strategy and vision across all of our platforms.
- Provide feedback and edit staff and contributor stories
- Produce and manage daily and weekly articles; wrangle copy
- Pitch story ideas
- Write news and feature stories
- Monitor news feeds
- Work with analytics to gauge success of stories
- Oversee the deployment of editorial emails
- Help define long-term editorial strategy
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in digital publishing; video or audio a plus
- Ability to write and edit clean, creative, engaging copy
- Responsiveness and ability to self-start and be highly productive in remote setting
- Problem-solving and critical thinking abilities with an analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Ability to communicate clearly and articulate concepts and ideas
- Energy and passion
- Desire to roll-up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big and small
- Domain knowledge a plus
The new associate editor will be joining a high-performance team of doers who are hard-working and passionate about delivering the best real estate news.
Inman is an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive workplace environment.
This is a full-time, remote position.