In one of my earlier blog posts talking abut Twitter, I said that so many agents get caught up in NOT participating in social media or blogging because they fear they ‘have nothing to say!’ Of course nothing could be further than the truth – agents hold a wealth of info in their minds with their local market knowledge and experience.
However, for a Realtor, to be great at social media and/or blogging you need to have quick access to great content to either:
- Post as a link – directing people to read an article OR
- To inspire you – to give you ideas about what to write about!
Here are my top 25 killer resources for great content for Realtors:
- Your web site
- Your broker’s web site
- Your local MLS board web site
- Your regional association web site
- Inman News :)
- Twitter and Facebook
- Your local chamber, downtown or city web site
- Your local newspaper web site
- Altos Research
- HGTV Frontdoor
- Realty Trac
- Street Advisor
- Technorati Top 100 Blogs
- Online Newspapers
- Google News (I love that you can customize your news feed – great way to get local, tech, or real estate news stories)
One thing to note – never, ever repost content and claim it as yours. Make sure you quote any content you use OR link directly to it!
Bonus #1: Need writing tips? Check out Copyblogger – this is one of my favorite writing blogs!
Bonus #2: Don’t forget, some of the BEST content are your own stories and experiences!
How do you generate great content? Would love your ideas – please post your feedback below!
Written by: Katie Lance, Marketing Manager, Inman News