Facebook is noisy. In between the Farmville games, updates from your friends from high school and photos from people you used to work with – are your clients or potential clients.
So, how can you cut through the noise to connect with those key people? The answer is simple: Facebook lists.
Look at your friend list and pick out the 10-20 people who are potential clients. These are people who you know will be ready to buy or sell in 1-2 years. Remember, Facebook is a way to build relationships and stay in touch. So, the best way to build a relationship and stay top of mind with these key people is to create a list.
Here is how you do it:
- Go to: https://www.facebook.com/bookmarks/lists and click “Create Lists”
- Give your list a name – i.e. “Potential Clients” – this list won’t be made public, but name it something easy to remember. Add your top 10-20 people to your list. Click “create”
- Go back to this link, and click “Add to Favorites.” Now, when you go to your ‘Home’ screen, you can easily see the list under your Favorites.
- Make it a point to click on that list a few times a week. See what those key people are doing, comment and like updates or photos, but make sure to be authentic.
Building a relationship on Facebook is similar to in-person. The more you interact, the more of a bond and a relationship you build.
Here are some more quick tips on Facebook strategies:
- What not to include in your Facebook personal profile
- How to use Pinterest to curate content for your Facebook business page
- How to share a photo from Facebook on Twitter
Do you have a quick tip you’d like to share? Leave me a comment below!