- More than 80 percent of consumers shop from their phones. If your website doesn't display properly on phones and tablets, you're missing a lot of traffic from interested buyers, and Google will penalize you in search rankings.
- Blogging encourages readers to share and create links back to your page. The more high-quality links you have, the better it is for your overall page rank.
- When it comes to SEO, you need to take the time to educate yourself so you don't get pressured into something you don't need.
If you’re having trouble keeping up with the never-ending list of best-practices for SEO, don’t worry; you’re not alone. Luckily, there are plenty of powerful SEO fixes that you can implement, and most of them take five minutes or less. Here’s what the digital marketing experts at Cave Social suggest.
1. Update directories.
Keeping your contact information up-to-date in directories is vital to winning in search engines, so be sure you fill out all of your information on Yellow Pages, Yelp and Google Plus — among others.
2. Get reviewed.
Once your directories are up-to-date, it’s important that you solicit reviews from your past clients. Ask family and friends you’ve worked with to leave a review for you, and make it easy for them to do this by emailing them the link to your review page. Your clients will be happy to help you out — you just have to ask.
3. Make your site mobile-responsive.
More than 80 percent of consumers shop from their phones. If your website doesn’t display properly on phones and tablets, you’re missing a lot of traffic from interested buyers.
Check to make sure that your website propagates correctly on mobile devices — if it doesn’t, Google will penalize you in search rankings because you are not giving your customers the best quality online experience.
Blogging is one of the best organic ways to help your website’s SEO. It helps you in a couple of ways:
- It gets people to your site and increases your pageviews. This tells Google that you have a good website.
- It encourages readers to share and create links back to your page. The more high-quality links you have, the better it is for your overall page rank.
5. Educate yourself.
When it comes to SEO, you need to take the time to educate yourself. SEO marketers are notorious for pressuring business owners into upgrading their websites and signing long-term contracts. You need to understand if you are in need of support or not.
Learn how to evaluate your website and monitor your online presence by reading up on the subject. The Inman marketing section, the HubSpot Blog and the Moz Blog are all great resources for anyone looking to gain some knowledge on the subject.
Thanks for taking the time to read and watch — and as always, don’t hesitate to reach out to us through our Facebook page or by email if you need any help or advice.
Justin Kerby is the co-founder of CAVE Social, a digital marketing agency specializing in real estate. He is passionate about working with clients and finding solutions that help them operate more efficiently.