- Builder confidence in the market in June hit its highest level since September 2014.
- The index registered a score of 59 in June, up five points from May. (A score over 50 indicates more builders view conditions as good than poor.)
- The component gauging current sales conditions leaped seven points to 65.
- The component gauging sales expectations jumped six points to 69.
- The component gauging buyer traffic rose four points to 44.
The California Association of Realtors (CAR) reported that existing-home sales were down in May:
- Sales for existing single-family homes totaled 423,360 in May on a seasonally adjusted annualized rate.
- May sales were down 1.1 percent from April 2015 (see infographic below) but up 8.9 percent from May 2014.
- The statewide median home price for May was $485,380, up 0.8 percent from April 2015 and up 4.4 percent from May 2014.
- CAR indicated that the available housing supply is still low, with 3.5 months of inventory available.
The Canadian Real Estate Association posted national home sales activity for May 2015:
- National home sales rose 3.1 percent from April 2015 to May 2015.
- The MLS home price index rose 5.17 percent from May 2014 to May 2015.
- The national average sales price rose 8.1 percent year over year in May.
WalletHub released its list of the best and worst cities for families:
|Best Cities for Families||Worst Cities for Families|
|1||Overland Park, Kan.||141||Washington, D.C.|
|2||Plano, Texas||142||New Orleans, La.|
|3||Virginia Beach, Va.||143||Fort Lauderdale, Fla.|
|4||Lincoln, Neb.||144||Shreveport, La.|
|5||Sioux Falls, S.D.||145||Mobile, Ala.|
|6||Madison, Wis.||146||Baton Rouge, La.|
|7||Fremont, Calif.||147||Miami, Fla.|
|8||Chesapeake, Va.||148||Detroit, Mich.|
|9||Colorado Springs, Colo.||149||Birmingham, Ala.|
|10||Grand Prairie, Texas||150||Jackson, Miss.|
Email market updates to email@example.com.