The Inman Select Live event featured insights from the people who drive the success of Keller Williams, the world’s largest franchise:
- Chris Heller, CEO
- J.P. Lewis, director of media production
- Annie Switt, director of marketing and communication
- Holly Priestner, director of talent acquisition
1. “It’s not who we are to let work impose on our family or personal lives.”
J.P. Lewis talked about getting called into the boss’s office — not for performance, but for skipping a vacation. It’s crucial to Keller Williams to make sure agents are taking time for family and personal life, as well as working hard.
2. “As a training and education organization, if someone isn’t learning-based, they won’t see as much value in what we offer.”
CEO Chris Heller noted that the company is constantly “putting more money into training.” Keeping agents trained, educated and up-to-date helps the company’s bottom line — more than national brand advertising could.
3. “We spend our energy helping our agents build their brand.”
Annie Switt said she knows consumers are making decisions on a local basis, so investing in local agent branding is the right strategy for Keller Williams and is a better return on investment than spending capital on something like a Super Bowl ad.