Here were the most popular stories on Inman this past week:
10. Realogy, the owner of several of the largest real estate brands and the largest brokerage, has made a strategic investment in Estately, a Seattle, Washington-based listing portal and brokerage that feeds buyers and sellers to real estate agents for referral fees.
9. Zillow’s new app for agents gives mobile access to profiles and leads; it’s set to launch in mid-November.
8. A lot of baby boomers are getting ready to move, so here’s how you tap into that next big buyer wave.
7. With big lenders pulling out of all marketing service agreements, all eyes have been on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to clarify what’s legal and what’s not.
6. If you can send better email, you can win the war for your clients’ attention on a whole new front — with much less effort than fighting for SEO recognition.
5. How do you build an exceptional logo? Make sure you’re considering these 9 elements.
4. A brokerage created its own tech startup, which now makes tools for the brokerage — like a platform that tells agents when to call a lead.
3. When should you invest in staging a home and when should you do it yourself? If you’re doing it yourself, where do you start? These questions (and more) get answered by experts.
2. Brad Inman talked to three rookie real estate agents this week on Unlisted about why they see opportunity in this field and the keys to success as they see it.
1. The ongoing legal battle between Zillow Group and Move has yielded some interesting news — this week, Andrea V. Brambila reported on the accusation that Upstream is building a national MLS.