We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The index recorded a 4.7 increase year-over-year in August 2015.
- San Francisco, Denver and Portland reported the highest year-over-year gains.
- The index rose 0.3 percent month-over-month in August 2015.
[graphiq id=”b2w6fmfIyNL” title=”30-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months” width=”600″ height=”400″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/b2w6fmfIyNL” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”30-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months | Credio”]
[graphiq id=”2NvK9Bl9HIF” title=”15-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months” width=”600″ height=”400″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/2NvK9Bl9HIF” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”15-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months | Credio”]
Home equity rates:
[graphiq id=”kPkTJrAnX5r” title=”Average Home Equity Loan Bank Rates by State” width=”600″ height=”465″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/kPkTJrAnX5r” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”Average Home Equity Loan Bank Rates by State | Credio”]
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- Origination volume was $100 billion higher in 2014 than industry experts had estimated.
- Industry concentration is declining: The top five mortgage loan firms accounted for only 34 percent of the market in 2014.
- The projected refinance share of originations in 2015 has been lowered by 1 percentage point to 47 percent.
- Sales of new single-family homes in September 2015 were down 11.5 percent month-over-month.
- However, sales were up 2.0 percent year-over-year.
- The median sales price of new houses sold in September 2015 was $296,900; the average sales price was $364,100.
- Boise (Idaho), San Francisco and Denver saw the biggest year-over-year index point increases in August 2015.
- Dallas/Fort Worth/Arlington, Denver/Aurora/Lakewood and Austin/Round Rock were cited as top markets in the “rebound report.”
- Bottom markets for rebounding: Las Vegas/Henderson/Paradise, Stockton/Lodi (California) and Cape Coral/Fort Myers.
- August home prices were up 0.3 percent month-over-month.
- Prices are up 5.5 percent year-over-year.
- The current home price index value, according to Black Knight: $253,000.
Send market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.