- Seth Godin will be kicking off the festivities, so be sure to catch him at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday.
- Don't miss out on all the networking, especially between sessions.
- Take this trip to familiarize yourself with some of the top real estate offices in New York.
*Reposted from The Boutique Real Estate Group.
I remember my first Connect like it was yesterday, and it really helped me bond with people and solidify connections I had made online over the years. So for all you first-time or repeat attendees, here is a simple top-seven list to add to your agenda before you head to #ICNY for the 20th anniversary of Inman Connect:
1. Make a list of the people you want to meet in real life (IRL)
Connect is an amazing time to solidify some of those online relationships, network with people who you admire and respect and make that true emotional connection.
Some of the contacts I’ve met at Connect have become lifelong friends of mine. Remember this quote from Gary Vaynerchuck, “People are not addicted to social media. People are addicted to people.”
2. Catch the sessions that are a must-attend for you
3. Join the Inman Coast to Coast Facebook group
If you haven’t already, join here for all the latest updates and play-by-plays.
4. Show up to the after-party
Need I say more? We all know the real fun starts after 10 p.m. So just ask around, jump in an Uber (download the app here) and find out where the action is.
Check your email for last-minute invites to all the happening VIP events. If you still can’t find the party, make sure to tweet @clicknfinance or @seancarp — they will steer you in the right direction or lead you to the correct karaoke venue.
5. Mingle with the lobbycon crowd
Yes. It’s official. The lobbycon is the one place where you’ll see the CEOs, founders, presidents, movers and shakers all just hanging out. Bring your business cards and make sure to say hi.
By the way, when is the next time you will be in the same hotel as Dolly Lenz, F. Ron Smith, Mauricio Umansky, Spencer Rascoff and Brad Inman?
6. Get out of the hotel and into the city
New York is an amazingly gorgeous city with sights, sounds, history and killer food. And since our team members at The Boutique Real Estate Group are total foodies, check out this list of 100 Best Restaurants in New York City via Zagat. Or if you want to get up in the air, check out FlyNYON for a helicopter tour above the city.
7. Connect with some of the local NYC agents
Connect with some local agents for a tour of their hip office space or one of their $7 million listings. Some of my favorite local NYC agents include @NikkiBeauchamp, @patricklilly and @truegotham.
If you made it this far and are headed to ICNY, please find me in one of the sessions, lobbycon or at one of the after parties. Would be amazing to connect with you!