Check Inman every day for the daily version of this market roundup.
[graphiq id=”b2w6fmfIyNL” title=”30-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months” width=”600″ height=”400″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/b2w6fmfIyNL” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”30-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months | Credio”]
[graphiq id=”2NvK9Bl9HIF” title=”15-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months” width=”600″ height=”400″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/2NvK9Bl9HIF” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”15-Year Fixed Rate Mortgage Rates for the Past 6 Months | Credio”]
Home equity rates:
[graphiq id=”kPkTJrAnX5r” title=”Average Home Equity Loan Bank Rates by State” width=”600″ height=”465″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/kPkTJrAnX5r” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”Average Home Equity Loan Bank Rates by State | Credio”]
[graphiq id=”dP0v3iYOnH” title=”Average Home Equity Loan Credit Union Rates by State” width=”600″ height=”465″ url=”https://w.graphiq.com/w/dP0v3iYOnH” link=”http://mortgage-lenders.credio.com” link_text=”Average Home Equity Loan Credit Union Rates by State | Credio”]
Friday, Jan. 15:
FNC’s Residential Price Index:
- The 100-MSA purchase index composite for November 2015 was 165.62, up .07 month-over-month.
- The index was up 9.31 points year-over-year.
- Los Angeles had the highest purchase price index: 243.13.
Thursday, Jan. 14:
Fannie Mae’s Economic & Strategic Research Group’s 2016 Economic & Housing Outlook:
- Further labor market tightening will lead to increased household income and job security.
- Home price gains on the low end of the market will continue to outpace household income growth.
- Consumer spending will underpin economic growth in 2016.
Freddie Mac’s Primary Mortgage Market Survey:
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage rate averaged 3.92 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending January 14, 2016.
- This was down from last week, when it averaged 3.97 percent.
- Year-over-year, mortgage rates are up from 3.66 percent.
Wednesday, Jan. 13:
Mortgage Bankers Association’s Weekly Applications Survey:
- The Market Composite Index for mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent during the week ending January 8, 2016.
- The Refinance Index increased 24 percent week-over-week.
- The seasonally adjusted Purchase Index increased 18 percent week-over-week.
Quicken’s Home Price Perception Index for December 2015:
- Appraised values in December were 1.8 percent lower than the homeowners’ opinion.
- This is the 11th consecutive month when appraised values were lower than homeowners’ expectations.
- Home values continued to increase in December.
Tuesday, Jan. 12:
National Association of Realtors 2016 housing and economic forecast:
- NAR Chief Economist Lawrence Yun predicted that the housing market might see a 1 to 3 percent growth in sales.
- He said home prices would continue to rise in 2016.
- Yun estimated that 2015 existing-home sales would finish 6.5 percent up from 2014.
CoreLogic’s November 2015 National Foreclosure Report:
- Foreclosures were down 21.8 percent year-over-year.
- Completed foreclosures were down 10.9 percent month-over-month.
- Florida leads the nation with 83,000 completed foreclosures.
American Banker’s Association’s 2015 third-quarter delinquencies:
- Delinquencies (a late payment 30 or more days overdue) rose in six of 11 loan categories.
- The composite ratio rose 5 basis points to 1.41 percent of all accounts.
- Home equity line delinquencies fell 3 basis points to 1.31 percent of all accounts and property improvement delinquencies fell 4 basis points to 0.87 percent of all accounts.
Monday, Jan. 11:
Black Knight November 2015 Mortgage Monitor:
- The total delinquency rate was 4.92 percent in November 2015.
- The total foreclosure rate was 1.38 percent.
- There were 66,600 foreclosure starts in November 2015.
The January 2016 Money Anxiety Index:
- The preliminary January index improved 1.3 points.
- The January index is 62.2.
- This is in part due to a robust December jobs report.