We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The PHSI declined 2.5 percent to 106.0 in January.
- This is 1.4 percent above January 2015 (104.5).
- The index has increased year-over-year for 17 consecutive months, but January’s gain was the second-smallest.
- The home price index in the U.S. was $253,000.
- This is down 0.1 percent month-over-month.
- However, the index is up 5.5 percent year-over-year.
Home equity rates:
Last week’s most recent market news:
- The national average contract mortgage rate for previously owned homes was 3.98 percent, up from 3.97 percent in December.
- The average interest rate on all loans was 3.97 percent, up from 3.96 in December.
- The average loan amount was $310,400, down from $318,000 in December.
Understanding the nuances of opportunity zones
It’s more than just a tax break READ MORE
- House prices rose 1.4 percent quarter-over-quarter in the fourth quarter of 2015.
- Year-over-year, prices were up 5.8 percent.
- The FHFA seasonally adjusted monthly index for December was up 0.4 percent month-over-month.
Email market reports to email@example.com.