We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Existing home sales for February will fall between a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.23 and 5.58 million sales.
- This sales number is down 1.3 percent month-over-month.
- However, it is up 10.4 percent year-over-year.
- The Market Composite Index, which measures loan application volume, decreased 4.8 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis week-over-week.
- On an unadjusted basis, the Index increased 7 percent week-over-week.
- The Refinance Index decreased 7 percent week-over-week, and the refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to its lowest level since January 2016 — 58.6 percent of total applications — from 61.0 percent the previous week.
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- Spending on private construction was at a seasonally adjusted rate of $831.4 billion.
- This is 0.5 percent above the revised December estimate of $827.3 billion.
- Residential construction was $433.2 billion in January, the same month-over-month as December.
What to look for in a results-driven real estate team
For senior real estate advisors Richard Silver and Jim Burtnick, partnering brings a breadth of knowledge and a balance of skills READ MORE
- Home prices rose 1.3 percent month-over-month.
- Home prices rose 6.9 percent year-over-year.
- This is the 47th month of consecutive year-over-year increase, but the returns are no longer double-digit.
Email market reports to email@example.com.