We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- After January’s price drop, February’s prices were back up.
- February home prices were up 0.1 percent from January.
- Prices were up 5.7 percent year-over-year.
- Home sales were up 33.4 percent month-over-month in March 2016.
- March sales were up 3.6 percent year-over-year.
- The median home price among median sales prices in March was $204,000.
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- The seasonally adjusted annualized rate of potential existing-home sales is 5.8 million.
- This represents a 90.9 percent increase from the market potential low point reached in December 2008.
- This is down 615,000 (SAAR) or 9.7 percent from the pre-recession peak of market potential, which occurred in July 2005.
- Mortgage rates are at new lows in 2016.
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgages (FRMs) averaged 3.58 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending April 14, 2016.
- This is down from last week (3.59 percent) and last year (3.67 percent).
- Mortgage applications for new home purchases increased 17 percent month-over-month (unadjusted).
- Conventional loans comprised 67.5 percent of loan applications.
- MBA estimates new single-family home sales were running at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 574,000 units in March 2016.
Email market reports to email@example.com.