We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Privately-owned housing units authorized by building permits in May were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,138,000. This is 0.7 percent above the revised April rate of 1,130,000, but is 10.1 percent below the May 2015 estimate of 1,266,000.
- Privately-owned housing starts in May were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,164,000. This is 0.3 percent below the revised April estimate of 1,167,000, but is 9.5 percent above the May 2015 rate of 1,063,000.
- Privately-owned housing completions in May were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 988,000. This is 5.1 percent above the revised April estimate of 940,000, but is 3.5 percent below the May 2015 rate of 1,024,000.
- The 12-month rolling total of starts grew 11.8 percent year-over-year in May to 1,154,800 starts, slightly up from April.
- This represents the most starts in a 12-month period since August 2007.
- Housing starts continue to be a bright spot in an otherwise supply constrained market, and the 12-month rolling total inches up to 80 percent of the 50-year average of 1,443,060 starts.
Email market reports to email@example.com.
Luxury Agent Spotlight: Tere Foster
This veteran top performer shares her secret to gratitude, attitude and keeping a competitive edge READ MORE