We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgages (FRMs) averaged 3.56 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending June 23, 2016.
- This is up from last week when it averaged 3.54 percent.
- A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 4.02 percent.
- Sales of new single-family houses in May 2016 were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 551,000.
- This is 6.0 percent below the revised April rate of 586,000, but is 8.7 percent above the May 2015 estimate of 507,000.
- The median sales price of new houses sold in May 2016 was $290,400; the average sales price was $358,900. T
- he seasonally adjusted estimate of new houses for sale at the end of May was 244,000. This represents a supply of 5.3 months at the current sales rate
- Active loans with interest rates higher than 4.50 percent comprised 38 percent of all loans in February 2016.
- Completed foreclosures were down 15.8 percent year-over-year in April 2016.
- Home prices were up 6.2 percent year-over-year in April 2016.
Email market reports to email@example.com.