We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Real house prices are 19 percent lower than they were in 2000.
- The RHPI was unchanged in May 2016 from April 2016.
- The RHPI increased 0.4 percent from May 2015 to May 2016.
- The home price index in May was $263,000, up 31.7 percent from market bottom and 1.8 percent below the June 2006 peak.
- Mountain states accounted for eight of 10 top-performing metro areas.
- All states and metros experienced positive price movement in May, and six large states and 15 large metros hit new price peaks.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Non-distressed properties sold in June were on the market for an average of 6.8 weeks.
- Non-distressed properties sold in June received an average of 2.3 offers.
- First-time buyers comprised 40.2 percent of purchases in June.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.