- If you find yourself resisting these points, don't just become defensive. Ask yourself, why? And at what cost to you?
- Financial health is where your money works for you, and you no longer have to work for your money. It's not easy, but you can do it.
- Long-term, ever-increasing success comes from doing the things you don't want to do, when you don't want to do them at the highest level. You will have to shed these lies you've been told to realize that.
Have you thought about why you believe what you do about real estate? Have you just heard these mantras so many times that you’ve come to accept them as truth? As we drill down on the remaining six lies in real estate being told to agents, take note of which ones you’re believing, and challenge yourself to think differently.
5. You must have a team to be considered successful
Statistically, the agents who take home the most personal commission have two assistants at most. They don’t have teams. Teams build up an ego, but not necessarily a bank account.
6. You can only be successful when the market is booming and prices are increasing
What it took to be successful in the past market is not what it takes to be successful in this new market. Know the difference, and get your education on.
7. You have to be a driver to be successful in real estate
8. Branding is required
No. That’s your ego. Get skills instead!
9. You only need one spoke to be successful
There are no easy-button answers for developing a thriving business. Ever ride a bike with only one spoke? I didn’t think so!
10. Part-time agents can’t be successful
If you’re part-time, you can’t waste time. It’s doable, and we have clients doing it and at high levels. It’s less about the time and more about the efforts you make at the highest level.
To deep dive into these points and challenge your thinking, listen to today’s podcast.
Subscribe to Tim and Julie Harris’ podcast on iTunes or follow us online at realestatecoachingradio.com.
Tim and Julie Harris have over 20 years’ experience in real estate. Learn more about their real estate coaching and training programs at timandjulieharris.com, or request more information about their programs at joinharris.com.