- Almost all problems in life can be attributed to an unchecked ego.
- Ego represents how you run your day and how you respond to people, stress and conflict.
- There are two kinds of fear: physical and psychological. Psychological fear is a manifestation of ego.
Today, we continue our series on identifying the ways your unchecked ego is making you broke. If you’ve always thought that ego was just a word to describe a person with a “big head,” then you’ll be surprised at what you’ll learn on today’s podcast. Here are the next four reasons your ego is keeping you broke.
4. You are broke because your ego doesn’t want you to take ownership of your life. Your ego loves to blame something external. Have you heard yourself say, “Its not my fault. It’s my spouse’s/boss’s/the economy’s fault?” That’s your ego.
5. Your ego doesn’t want you to appear ignorant. It wants you to rely on others for how you should feel, think, look and act. Are you a know-it-all? You might not think so, but when you say things like “I already know this stuff. When are you going to get to the real content?” your ego has taken hold.
6. Your ego wants you to be fearful. The fearful love to speak fear: “What if I say the wrong thing? What if I do the wrong thing? What if I make a mistake? Learn to recognize the difference between physical fears and psychological fears, and then ask yourself questions to reframe these situations into ones in which the ego can no longer rule over.
7. Your ego wants you to be complacent. The comfort zone ego says, “I’m good. I’m happy with the way things are. It’s not really what I want, but it’s OK.” Staying in the comfort zone is not going to help you or anybody else.
Do you recognize yourself in any of these points? Listen to today’s show to hear how allowing your ego to continue to manifest itself negatively in your life shuts you out of future business opportunities, relationships, ideas and knowledge.
Subscribe to Tim and Julie Harris’ podcast on iTunes or follow us online at realestatecoachingradio.com.
Tim and Julie Harris have over 20 years’ experience in real estate. Learn more about their real estate coaching and training programs at timandjulieharris.com, or request more information about their programs at joinharris.com.