- You can choose not to entertain your ego. You can choose to be true to your own values. You just have to reconnect with them.
- In business, one of the sure signs of an unchecked ego is a person who doesn't save money.
- Your ego wants you to buy the stuff that will tell you (and the world) that you're important. Do you want to always feel connected? Focus on serving others.
We conclude our series today on ego and how its negative affects are keeping you from the life and the business you’ve always wanted. Our final points will challenge your thinking, so as you read along and listen to the podcast, continue to ask yourself “Is this my ego that’s unchecked?”
8. Your ego wants you to be isolated
No, not isolated like on a deserted island. Look around you. Are your friends all the same? The same ethnicity, the same religion, the same politics?
This reveals a lack of versatility and flexibility. This is a people business. Go out on purpose, and meet new people who are different from you to be of service to.
9. Your ego tells you that you won’t be successful unless you are passionate
The buzzword today is passion. Find your passion. Live passionately. Inspire the world with your passion. But so-called passion might be just the thing that’s holding you back. There’s a difference between passion and purpose.
10. Your ego hates it when you are present
Did your parents tell you never to talk about money or politics to someone? Every wonder why that is? Because it forces people to look to the future.
The ego tells you that your personal financial health will happen after some “big event.” You must deal with today’s closings, today’s commissions and what you’re going to do to with those so that you never end up broke!
Remember the clear, concise and practical goals you had when you got into real estate? Say yes to those again, and ditch the egocentric mindsets that leave you feeling stressed, anxious, afraid or superior.
Do this so that your business can start working for you instead of you working for your business!
Subscribe to Tim and Julie Harris’ podcast on iTunes, or follow us online at realestatecoachingradio.com.
Tim and Julie Harris have over 20 years’ experience in real estate. Learn more about their real estate coaching and training programs at timandjulieharris.com, or request more information about their programs at joinharris.com.