We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The sales-to-list price ratio on non-distressed properties was 98.3 percent in July 2016, based on a three-month moving average.
- The average price of non-distressed properties sold in July was $300,900, up 3.7 percent compared with July 2015.
- Non-distressed properties sold during July received an average of 2.3 offers, and the average time on market for non-distressed properties sold during the month was 6.8 weeks.
- The RHPI decreased slightly in June 2016, falling 0.2 percent compared to May 2016 and -0.1 percent compared to June 2015.
- House prices have changed by a negative 38.5 percent since their pre-recession peak.
- Real house prices are 17.3 percent lower than they were in 2000.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- The 30-year fixed rate mortgage averaged 3.43 percent with an average 0.6 point.
- This is unchanged from last week’s rates.
- A year ago, the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 3.84 percent.
Top brokerages find new ways to carve out profit
While the average return on revenue for brokerages nationwide has faced downward pressure, some brokerages are bucking the trend READ MORE
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.