As we close out our series on relentless and furiously fast lead follow-up, our final six points are filled with takeaways and real life examples that we hope you’ll learn from.
13. Internet leads that leave a phone number must be called within 15 minutes of receiving the lead.
Remember: Not just fast, but furiously fast!
14. Direct referrals must be called within 15 minutes of receiving them.
15. Consider using an audio recorder app on your phone to keep track of leads when you’re on the go.
Transfer these leads to your system as soon as you get to your office, but only after you call the lead.
16. All leads must be contacted (a real conversation, not email) a minimum of three times.
Each time you contact them, you’re either trying to prequalify them, make a presentation or find out more information so you can move them forward. If after three real conversations, you don’t have an appointment — throw the lead away!
17. You must realize that it takes more leads than you think to close the amount of deals you require.
Secret: Leads by themselves have no value. Appointments have value!
18. Don’t think that you can delegate your relentless lead follow-up to your assistant
This is a huge mistake that agents make once they get busy. It’s your job to follow up on the leads you’ve created for yourself. Why would you risk handing them off to someone else?
After countless coaching calls with students, we know that furiously fast and relentless lead follow-up is the key to growing your business.
Thousands of dollars in commission are left on the table each year by not honing your skills in this area. Get in control of this, and you will begin to control your cash flow!
Subscribe to Tim and Julie Harris’ podcast on iTunes or follow us online at realestatecoachingradio.com.
Tim and Julie Harris have over 20 years’ experience in real estate. Learn more about their real estate coaching and training programs at timandjulieharris.com, or request more information about their programs at joinharris.com.