We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- Total construction spending in July was estimated at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1.15 trillion.
- Residential construction was at a seasonally adjusted rate of $445.5 billion in July.
- This is 0.3 percent above the revised June estimate ($444.0 billion).
- Less than 65 percent of homeowners surveyed said now is a good time to buy.
- Just 38 percent of renters surveyed said now is a good time to buy a home.
- Out of every 10 homeowners surveyed, seven said now is a good time to sell a home.
Ready player one: how the new hybrid virtual brokerage can help you compete
Brick and mortar brokerages can add virtual capabilities with a hybrid business model READ MORE
- The rates for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages were an average 3.46 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending September 1, 2016.
- Last week, the rate averaged 3.43 percent.
- A year ago, the rate averaged 3.89 percent.
Email market reports to email@example.com.