- When we hold back from giving 100 percent, we are afraid that we can't handle it.
- Stop waiting to feel passion or to have a certain amount of knowledge about the business.
When you get your real estate license, no one tells you that others will try to rain on your parade. Nobody tells you that you have to keep learning and knowing your numbers on a daily basis. Nobody tells you to take care of yourself so that you can take care of your family!
In the fourth part of our podcast, we conclude with our final five secrets that are sure to light a fire in your soul — and hopefully under your butt to get moving!
16. Be ‘all in’ or not in at all. You can’t achieve your goals if you lack commitment to it.
If you’re the only one you know who is “all in,” you may need to upgrade your friends — and possibly your office environment!
17. Don’t ever give up. It’s OK to fall short of your goals.
It’s not OK not to have any goals. Growing pains, failure, frustration and ruts are all part of what it takes to persevere to success.
18. Take action all the time — even if you’re not sure it’s the right action, it still beats sitting around. Procrastination is an anchor to success. It is the avoidance of success, and if not nipped in the bud, it becomes a bad habit.
19. Be excuse-free. Don’t make any and don’t take any.
Use the affirmation: “I’m a do-er; I get things done, I do things now!” You’ll get more done and be a better example for those around you.
20. Have big goals! Balance is a myth. The pursuit of specific, personalized goals for yourself and your family provides the framework, the inspiration and the motivation required for you to do what you don’t want to do when you don’t want to do it at the highest level possible.
Always have goals in the five core areas of life: family, physical, financial, spiritual and educational.
If you’ve been “dabbling” in the business, we hope this series inspires you to reach higher and break free of all the false paradigms the world tries to sell us.
And if you’re a part-time agent? You can be part-time and completely on fire in this business. Why? Because with a bit of discipline, you can do more than full time agents that sit around waiting for passion and believing the lies.
Don’t let others define “success” for you — get out there, set goals and achieve the success that you were meant for!
Subscribe to Tim and Julie Harris’ podcast on iTunes or follow us online at realestatecoachingradio.com.
Tim and Julie Harris have over 20 years’ experience in real estate. Learn more about their real estate coaching and training programs at timandjulieharris.com, or request more information about their programs at joinharris.com.