- The most successful agents have values that make it all about their clients and prospects and less about themselves and their egos.
- Take care of yourself first, so that you can take care of others. This is not selfish. It's necessary.
- One of the worst things you can do as a broker or team manager is take yourself off the front lines of interacting with buyers and sellers -- assuming you want to be profitable.
In part three of our podcast today, we examine the success secrets that encompass taking care of yourself and others and what you need to do to keep yourself in tip-top shape — body, mind and spirit. These next six points will challenge some myths that you’ve grown up with along the way.
10. Being successful is easier when you use core principles
A strong moral foundation and a simple mindset of service will take you further than you could imagine. Removing your ego is a core breakthrough and will result in better relationships, smoother transactions and far less stress!
11. Your brokerage must be (ideally) supportive or your philosophy of success — or at least neutral
Remove yourself from any negative environment. If you’re feeling negativity, so will your clients.
12. Put your own oxygen mask on first
This flies in the face of everything we’ve been taught. Control your mind, body and wallet before worrying about anything else. If these three things are out of alignment, correct them before moving on.
13. Keep yourself on the front lines
Improve your skills constantly. If you’re not, somebody else is, and it’s best not to find out the hard way!
14. Knowing your numbers is not just a sign of business maturity, it’s a requirement
Not knowing your numbers is the stuff of hobbyist, hack agents. Without knowing your numbers, it’s impossible to know if you’re on track, ahead or behind.
15. Work when you’re at work; play when you’re at play
This is another lie the culture has told us — that we can multitask. Use your skills in a focused way, and you’ll realize you have even more time, not less.
Subscribe to Tim and Julie Harris’ podcast on iTunes or follow us online at realestatecoachingradio.com.
Tim and Julie Harris have over 20 years’ experience in real estate. Learn more about their real estate coaching and training programs at timandjulieharris.com, or request more information about their programs at joinharris.com.