We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Home sales fell 11.7 percentage points from August to September.
- However, home sales were up 2.0 percentage points form September 2015 to September 2016.
- The median sales price in September was $219,780, 5.1 percent above one year ago.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.47 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending October 13, 2016.
- This is up from last week when it averaged 3.42 percent.
- A year ago, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.82 percent.
- Mortgage applications for new home purchases increased 3 percent year-over-year.
- Applications decreased 7 percent month-over-month.
- Conventional loans comprised 68.8 percent of loan applications.
Email market reports to email@example.com.