If so, make the commitment to always maintain those qualities. If not, prioritize what you have to do to get those qualities.
If you’re an agent, does your broker, manager or team leader operate like this? If not, you might need to make some changes.
There’s a misconception that being a manager or team leader is the crowning achievement we should all aspire to. This is a dangerous slope because contrary to popular belief, the most successful brokers and managers don’t hide out in their office all day — they are putting their feet to the streets with clients and supporting their agents.
So, what are the top 7 things you need to evaluate yourself against? Where are you winning or falling short? We have some very practical and tactical ways you can turn around the performance in your office — and it starts with you!
1. A great broker, manager or team leader stays on the front lines
They stay “frosty.” They’re not complacent. They know that inaction is “an action.” They stay selling, in front of their sales people at all times, and they do not hide!
2. A great broker, manager or team leader knows that sales people will never follow you/ trust you if:
- You never sold real estate
- You never sold a lot of real estate
- You aren’t still in the game on the front lines
3. A great broker, manager or team leader communicates constantly and clearly and is in obvious support of their agents.
They have daily meetings, team huddles and mini-motivation check-ins.
4. A great broker, manager or team leader keeps a transparent score board, highlighting goals and holding agents accountable.
They don’t cringe at accountability or confrontation to help team members learn, grow and achieve greatness. They raise everyone up instead of playing to the lowest player’s level.
Listen on for the lowdown on these first four traits and join us again for the conclusion of this series, where we’ll focus on teams vs. individuals, the things every broker must work with their salespeople on and what confidence from a leader really looks like.
Subscribe to Tim and Julie Harris’ podcast on iTunes or follow us online at realestatecoachingradio.com.
Tim and Julie Harris have over 20 years’ experience in real estate. Learn more about their real estate coaching and training programs at timandjulieharris.com, or request more information about their programs at joinharris.com.